Monday, April 06, 2009

Greensboro City Council, the Datsun B10 of local governments

I used to drive a Datsun B10. Towards the end of its life, the starter went. If you wanted to go somewhere you had to push it first, pop the clutch and hope that you had created enough momentum for it to start running on its own.

CORRECTION: I misremembered. It was not a Datsun B10 (although there was such a beast). The car I learned to drive in was a Datsun 510:

2 comments:

  1. Got a few on the record today. Working on others.

    http://www.news-record.com/content/2009/04/06/article/local_government_weighs_in_on_time_warner

    ReplyDelete
  2. CORRECTION: I misremembered. It was not a Datsun B10 (although there was such a beast). The car I learned to drive in was a Datsun 510

    Weren't they called the Lady 510? I seem to recall Datsun called one or some of thier cars "Lady" Beau

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...