Guarino reminds us of the Tea Party planned for Greensboro tomorrow, April 15th, noon, Governmental Plaza (map). Other locations across North Carolina are listed here.
I find the purpose of these protests to be a little ill-defined and, where stated, ill-conceived (most of us are seeing our taxes go lower under Obama, not higher, and the "slide to socialism" is hyperbole), nonetheless, public demonstrations are very American and I generally admire efforts to make a public stand -- have fun and send me your pictures.
""""""I find the purpose of these protests to be a little ill-defined and, where stated, ill-conceived (most of us are seeing our taxes go lower under Obama, not higher, and the "slide to socialism" is hyperbole), nonetheless, public demonstrations are very American and I generally admire efforts to make a public stand -- have fun and send me your pictures."""""
ReplyDeleteLower taxes, I suspect your talking abot the 13 bucks a week, have you been to the super market lately, prices are through the ceiling, and how about those taxes that get disguised like Federal gas taxes, tariffs on commerce, and to many other vailed taxes to mention. The tea party represents grassroots Americans exercising thier constitutional right to assemble and protest against a runaway government. Send pictures! You mean your not going to attend, it would be a perfect time for you to visualize and establish good dialog up close and personal with ticked off American's It might give you some good insight that the "King" is taking this country down a path of destruction. See ya there! Beau
"grassroots Americans"
ReplyDeleteNot hardly. Dig a little deeper and you'll find that these roots lead right to the top. It's not an argument of "bush screwed us first" or "obama screws us today", the fact is, bush and obamas friends have been screwing us for years. I agree with Mr. Smith here, assembly and protest is great, but I can not attend because I really don't know what you all are trying to get done.
Also, I have to add, I have tried to find out what this "grass roots" movement is all about, and what yall are trying to get done. What do you want? Lower taxes? Cheaper stuff to buy? I just dont get it. I say in times like this, well, anytime really, I'm going to give every bit I can to those less fortunate. -brandonB
ReplyDeleteIt seems like the organizers of these events are just playing on our simplest emotions. Offering problems and reactions, but no solutions? A lot of folks I know who are attending are just angry that Obama is president now. I can also remember a time when protesters who opposed the previous president were labelled as un-American and even terrorists by many. I would never do that though. March on and get something done! --brandonB
ReplyDelete""""""Also, I have to add, I have tried to find out what this "grass roots" movement is all about, and what yall are trying to get done. What do you want? Lower taxes? Cheaper stuff to buy? I just dont get it. I say in times like this, well, anytime really, I'm going to give every bit I can to those less fortunate.""""" -brandonB
ReplyDeleteWhy don't you attend and find out all the questions answered you are looking for. You'd be exercising an American freedom and being enlightened at the same time. Beau
I'm just afraid of what it may turn into. The last rally I attended, a bunch of weird anarchists in masks showed up and people were holding up anti-police banners. It was a rally for immigration reform. I don't want any part of anything like that again. It was embarassing.
ReplyDelete--brandonB
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteRoch you didn't post my last comment! Tsk tsk tsk what are you going to do follow JR's lead, I think you above that. Beau
ReplyDeleteBeau, I remove comments that plagiarize.
ReplyDelete