Friday, April 24, 2009

Consumer report: Don's Small Engine Repair, recommended

Last fall, the Craftsman push lawn mower went kaput -- would idle, but stalled with any load. A few weeks ago, I took it to Don's Small Engine Repair. (Kudos to Web Builders who have Don's website at the top of a Google search for "Greensboro small engine repair.")

The good:
  • The $85 repair cost was at the low end of the $80 to $100 estimate.
  • Personal attention from the guy who is going to work on your engine.
  • A little extra. I told Don I had attempted to sharpen the blade. It was still dinged up pretty bad (damn walnut tree). We didn't discuss it, but Don put a new blade on for me. An unrequested repair that puts a job over an estimate would piss me off, a professional judgment call to do something necessary without going over estimate is much appreciated.
  • He delivered. The mower works great now.

The bad:
  • Don didn't call in the week to ten days he said he would need to complete the job and he didn't return a message I left for him after two weeks. But I reached him the next day and the mower was ready.

The bottom line: Recommended.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...