Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Mayor Perkins declines to substantiate his remarks on downtown fights, leaves Drudge "brawl' report unchallenged

GREENSBORO, NC -- I received a reply from Mayor Robbie Perkins in response to my email where I asked whether he had any information to back up his statement that there were "fights breaking out among 300, 400 or 500 people breaking out in our downtown" [sic]. Here is his reply in its entirety:
"Plenty of press coverage on the Incident. Not going to engage in a back and forth on this issue."
What a stand up guy, huh?

Here's my next email:
Dear Mr. Mayor,

As you may be aware, national media has picked up the story reporting it as "400 teens in street brawl in Greensboro." I'm not one to tell you how to do your job, but it seems to me, especially in light of your claims to be a booster of downtown, that you would not want to let something like that stand if it is untrue as the resulting negative publicity could be very harmful to years of efforts to boost the center city.

So I am compelled to ask one more time, were there fights downtown among 300, 400 or 500 people last Saturday? Does the Drudge report have that right or do you, as mayor, need to correct the record in support of our city?

Yours,
Roch

3 comments:

  1. Greensboro's ruling class created the false flag it needed to secure their downtown fiefdom and not have to mingle with the unwashed masses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I dont agree with a curfew being the answer for downtown as a long term solution. I think the City has to act for now and with the lack of options the curfew is the only answer. I never agreed with a City curfew since that is pushing things too far. I am taken back by the numvers, hundreds fighting and only 11 charges. I think they gave out citations which I think is a waste of time, does anyone really think that works, it dont. The charges of curfew violations will be tossed out of court. The City Ordiance violation is a class 3 Misd, other words a fine at best, some Judges dont even like City Ordiances. The real issue here is that the City had a pass problem with groups of kids and turned their back on the issue, almost like they wanted a spark to happen to enforce a curfew, just my viewpoint.
    We need things for kids to do that are free, the answer is not a curfew but community involvement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you write, "Hundreds fighting..." you confirm that you have totally missed the point. There were not hundreds fighting.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...