Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I love me some Dell (I hate me some virus)

Did anybody pick up a computer virus surfing local blogs in the past day or two? I'd like to hear if you did.

After a day of trying to repair my computer myself, I had to turn to Dell support. While my computer is still under hardware warranty, I had to pay $130 for Dell "Pay as you need" support for the software problem. Sounded steep, but the tech promised it covered a complete repair, no matter how long it took.

Boy, did I get my money's worth. It turns out my hard drive had to be reformatted and Windows reinstalled. Sounds horrific and could well have been were it not for the unquestionably best tech support person I have ever worked with -- Jason in the Philippines. Through remote control and telephone he applied his high level of tenacious expertise to methodically get me firmly back on my feet. He had a long day, but it was a job very well done and I am one happy, happy customer.

(Oh, and thanks to Ben Hwang for telling me once that it is wise to save all of one's downloaded program installation files in a single directory.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...