In her
talking points on the proposed downtown hotel project, in which her
cohabiting boyfriend has a financial interest, Guilford County School Board member Deena Hayes asks:
"Where were Weaver and Quaintance in asking for public release of documents for the other two projects in line for access to recovery bonds?"
What does it benefit Ms. Hayes to operate on her suspicions rather than the facts? It certainly doesn't enhance her credibility. The facts are that the records request made by Mike Weaver and Dennis Quaintance asks for records pertaining to "any project or proposal to be financed" with recovery bonds and, specifically:
"[I]ncluding, but not limited to, Deep Roots Market; North Eugene Partner, LLC; Miller Lofts; Bridgett Chisolm; Urban Hotel Group; Randal Kaplan; George House; Brad Semon and/or Elm Street Center." [Emphasis added for emphasis]
Sheesh.
I noticed that misstatement, too, Roch. I'm glad you called it out. In fairness, it appears that these talking points were drawn up in a collaborative process, and Hayes may not be the author of the misstatement.
ReplyDelete