It's really up to the offended parties to decide if it is sufficient or not, but Skip Alston's
public apology to city councilors Danny Thompson, Nancy Vaughan and Mayor Bill Knight comes across as sincere. Big of him to apologize; will we big enough to get past it?
A shocker from you Roch.
ReplyDeleteUp to the offended parties?
When it involves the Chairman of the GCC and Mayor of Greensboro and millions of dollars and the possible attempt to intimidate?
Alston expressed regret for the "misunderstanding".
Sheesh! I liked it when you were on steroids.
Yes, up to the offended parties. They were there, we were not. They can measure Alston's explanations and contrition against his words and the context at the time. They are the ultimate deciders but, from my limited perspective, it sounds like this is probably a minor thing better soon forgotten. We'll see if the councilors agree.
ReplyDeleteThere will be no biting, Tony. If councilors come back to add more information that suggests that Alston's apology is unacceptable or that, in spite of it, his infraction was too egregious to be remedied by an apology, then I'll adjust to such information. We are where we are though and we are not there.
ReplyDeleteUnderstood Roch.
ReplyDeleteJust seemed like you were quick to dismiss a (D) possibly trying to intimidate three (R)'s. One would wonder if you would have the same response if that role were reversed.
But after all, the councilors are non partisan.
Have a good weekend in the snow my friend and don't let this difference of opinion change the fact that I, as always, very much appreciate your community involvement.
Sorry, two (R)'s and an (U) who was an (R) until she started sleeping with a (D).
ReplyDeleteFashizzle? I don't align my thinking according to Ds and Rs. I voted for two Rs in the last municipal election, who both won, and a D is no immunity from my scorn. Just calling this one the way I see it as best I can.
ReplyDelete(I'm a U, btw -- got there independent of love's influence.)
You enjoy yourself too.
ReplyDelete