Monday, October 19, 2009

Uh, make that $3,364,000

In the comments to this post in which I ask some questions about the $1,546,000 grant the taxpayers of Greensboro may be about to make to the Airport Authority, an anonymous commenter notes that also on the agenda is a resolution authorizing the use of $1,800,000 from the Greensboro Water and Sewer Trust fund to extend water and sewer to industrial sites on the airport property.

The suspect cost aside, that is the way one might expect to see funds allocated for water and sewer extensions. Thus we are back to square one on our knowledge of the $1,546,000 grant to the Airport Authority, i.e. still ignorant of what it is for.

I appreciate the comments I am getting here and offline attempting to help bring some understanding to this. I know that Amanda Lehmert of the News & Record is attempting to get documentation to answer some of the questions raised. In the mean time, can this serve as a convenient example of how good our city government is at communications and transparency -- NOT! Seriously folks, here it is 24 hours before city council is about to consider spending over $3 million on some airport stuff and the public hasn't a clue--really, really piss poor public relations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...