Thursday, October 22, 2009

Speaking of business recruitment

Yes! Weekly reports on the issue of business recruitment and the two mayoral candidates. Speaking of which, in March, Mayor Johnson said she was going to attempt to recruit a broadband internet access competitor to Time Warner Cable. I wonder how that is coming. I haven't heard anything in the seven months since and Mayor Johnson did not answer my email inquiry about it.

3 comments:

  1. Have no indication that Johnson was directly involved with this, but...

    http://www.news-record.com/content/2009/10/21/article/faster_wireless_internet_access_on_way_to_triad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks,Joe. I saw that headline earlier and did not realize that it was reporting two different wi-fi services. It is good news that one of them is not Time Warner.

    Still, I don't think a $70/month mobile service is quite what people expected. Nonetheless, this is an advance for Greensboro and if Mayor Johnson had anything to do with it, I would certainly like to know about it to give her proper kudos. I'd email her, but...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Email? Just go ask her Roch.

    --Brandon Burgess

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...