Saturday, October 17, 2009

Naw, Greensboro doesn't have a police shortage

Aggregated local videos on Greensboro101 continue to illuminate. Two street fights in downtown Greensboro within two minutes of each other.

2 comments:

  1. Roch,
    I never would have dreamed sumo wrestling finally would reach Greensboro, but here is solid evidence. Brings back fond memories from Japan nearly half a century ago.

    How could all of this be taking place downtown with no cops in sight?

    Long ago, I was for a brief period a travel writer. In that role I went to Underground Atlanta when it first opened. It was a wonderful place. Restaurants, clubs, gift shops, big crowds. It was to be downtown Atlanta's salvation. Then began the insistent panhandling, the robberies, the carjackings, and events such as these in the video. People quit going and Underground Atlanta died. Greensboro should take note.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is why I drink at home and have never stepped foot in a dance club or strip club. Yeah it would have been nice if the police had been there to arrest and charge people, but I don't think it is beyond the means of most people to break a fight up unless they actually WANT to see violence.

    --Brandon Burgess

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...