Friday, July 30, 2010

It puts the lotion in the basket, Monk.

As I was watching the most excellent Shutter Island, the actor playing the warden looked very familiar. Oh, it's the imminently creepy Buffalo Bill from the movie The Silence of the Lambs. I recognize that voice. But wait a minute, when he smiles he looked just like Captain Leland Stottlemeyer from the TV series Monk. Back and forth I went. Which was it?

Buffalo Bill and the police captain from Monk (and the warden in Shutter Island) are all creations of actor Ted Levine. Maybe that was obvious, but I never saw it when watching Monk and it thrills me when actors "put one over on me" like that.

Fun bonus fact: Jodie Foster's character in The Silence of the Lambs, Clarice Starling, eventually finds Buffalo Bill. Traveling to his home, she traverses a bridge that is, in reality, the bridge to Bellaire, Ohio -- Ted Levine's birthplace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...