(Greensboro, NC) Would you go out in public sick and without pants? That's what two institutions of local importance are doing with their websites.
First, there is Urban Hotel Group, the proposed developer of the proposed downtown hotel. As Jeff Martin brings to our attention, their web site is infected with malware. As Google warns: "This site may harm your computer." (So don't go there, mmmkay?)
Then there is the airport. Boasting of their remodeled website in press releases and on billboards, most of the remake consists of "framing" content from other sources within the boarders of the airport's website. On the "Find your flight" screen, this creates a violation of common security settings, resulting in an inescapable loop of error messages as seen here:

Thanks. As I was told many years ago: there is no shame in becoming infected, only in remaining infected. As I know all too well, the UHG site is now labeled as infected by Google and the owners, after removing the infection, will have to contact Google for re-assessment.
ReplyDeleteIn my case remedy was achieved by changing web hosts and using a more secure ftp account password. Of course, I could become re-infected tomorrow.