Thanks for the comment, Gene. I did not realize that charcoal is sometimes made from pallets, until you mentioned it. Google confirms.
That sounds potentially unhealthy. In addition to the metals that may make their way into the charcoal, I wonder about the possibility of toxic materials that may have leaked onto pallets ending up in charcoal. While I've always like charcoal better than gas, maybe it is time to go gas.
Before you decide, check out the Big Green Egg at Fleet Plummer Hardware. It uses natural lump charcoal and once you've tried the Egg, you won't ever want to go back to anything else.
Thanks again, Gene. I have indeed seen the Big Green Egg at Fleet Plummer and it is impressive. As I recall it was something like seven or eight hundred dollars -- a little out of my price range for now.
Maybe the wood it's made from is something like recycled pallets and just didn't get caught.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comment, Gene. I did not realize that charcoal is sometimes made from pallets, until you mentioned it. Google confirms.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds potentially unhealthy. In addition to the metals that may make their way into the charcoal, I wonder about the possibility of toxic materials that may have leaked onto pallets ending up in charcoal. While I've always like charcoal better than gas, maybe it is time to go gas.
You're welcome.
ReplyDeleteBefore you decide, check out the Big Green Egg at Fleet Plummer Hardware. It uses natural lump charcoal and once you've tried the Egg, you won't ever want to go back to anything else.
Thanks again, Gene. I have indeed seen the Big Green Egg at Fleet Plummer and it is impressive. As I recall it was something like seven or eight hundred dollars -- a little out of my price range for now.
ReplyDelete