Saturday, August 22, 2009

At the Wyndham, parking or not? Which is it?

Greensboro Sports reports that heavy rains have closed parking at the Wyndham for the remainder of the tournament. The tournament website says spectators can still park at the venue (with no information about the shuttle from the Coliseum). So, who to believe? The official site of the tournament or the "amatuer" sports reporters?

4 comments:

  1. I called to find out tee times for the pro-am on Wednesday and asked why didn't they put that on their website. A not so cordial response was that it WAS on the web site. I still couldn't find it. I had another question about a camera and another arrogant ass answer from someone else. I hope they didn't treat the visitors with the same nose in the air attitude. The rain probably choked some of these same people I talked to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rob Goodman send us (Greensboro Sports) press releases via email - we copy and paste without ever having to leave the comfortable confines of our cave.

    I suspect that the Wyndham still uses too many volunteers as communication and execution are so disjointed. Of course, all must be WELL because we must never be negative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Y'know, it's possible that we needed to refresh the page to see updated info, but it seems more likely that the web site updaters didn't put a timely message on the home page for that very important information. Old-school thinkers send out press releases first. The site also has 'includes' for news & stuff, meaning that it's no so easy to put regular text on the home page (there are good reasons for this).

    But really, WE (net firsters) think to go to the site for info. Lots of others don't, even though they should.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Y'know, it's possible that we needed to refresh the page to see updated info..."

    I love you, Sue, but you are annoying as hell when you try to make excuses for incompetence.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...