Ed Cone says he went to the Led Zeppelin concert at the Greensboro Coliseum in 1977. I was too young to go. My first concert was the next year: Electric Light Orcehstra, also at the coliseum.
I could not find any video from their stop here, but these are from the same tour.
I really feel like my generation missed out on the concert going experience. You guys had Zep, ELO, Boston, Van Halen...I could go on but you get the idea.
ReplyDeleteIn those days, the coliseum sat something like only 12,000 people, which made it feel big and intimate at the same time. It was a good time and place to be a teenager.
ReplyDeleteMy first real rock concert (going somewhere specifically to see a rock show) was the Violent Femmes at Toad's Place in New Haven, CT.
ReplyDeleteI felt lucky that I was:
A) At the PERFECT age for the Violent Femmes.
B) At a venue where I could easily get close enough to get hit with sweat from the stage.