Monday, May 17, 2010

Green won't let me waive off knowledge of Pulpit Forum complaints

Information that translates into knowledge is one of the foundations of democracy.
-- The Pulpit Forum
What were those occupiers of the City Council dais protesting before their arrests anyway (video)? I said their complaints seemed short on specifics. Yes!Weekly's Jordan Green said, not so fast, there are some specific concerns. He sent me the questions the Pulpit Forum sent to Greensboro Police Chief Tim Bellamy.

While some questions are clearly leading and others are out of of the Chief's purview, of what remains I find some of the questions compelling, especially those that have to do with empirical information such as the numbers and breakdowns of investigations, arrests and prosecutions and the appropriation of funds.

It's a wonk's read -- for now. But some of the specifics are going to bubble up to newsworthy significance soon, I suspect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...