Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Good job Channel 13

GREENSBORO, NC -- I commonly write about my perceived failings and shortcomings of local government. I worry sometimes that it may seem as if I'm sour on government employees. I'm not. I cringe when I see people turn what should be policy corrections or a need for action into personal battles. Believe me, I understand, when governmental workers are unresponsive or worse, deceptive, there is a great temptation to call that person out -- and maybe, after a point, they deserve it.

Nonetheless, I cannot be a critic of local government without also observing the good things it does and let's face it, while we are falling down on some important stuff at the moment, our fair city does get a lot right.

One of the good things is the video taping of City Council meetings. The folks (or person) running the show know who people are and understand the undercurrents and friction points of current topics. The result is lively coverage of meetings where reaction shots of involved people are interspersed with shots of the current speaker. Someone is doing more than just showing up. They are paying attention and it's noticeable in a superior production.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...