"No Country for Old Men" was on USA Network last night. Its showing may have been the final straw in getting me to dump cable and completely revamp the way I watch TV.
I had seen the movie in the theater. It is fantastic and I was looking forward to seeing it again. USA made it unwatchable. I'm not kidding or exaggerating, they showed ten minutes of movie interrupted by five full minutes of commercials throughout. Really. I timed it.
Is this how we are expected to watch TV?
I pay Time Warner Cable $45 a month for "TV" -- and for what, really? Someone else's programing selections and the "privilege" of watching too many annoying commercials. Networks now even seem to think they can subject us to a multitude of infuriating animated promotions running while the programs are on screen. A worse viewing experience couldn't be conceived if annoyance was the goal. And I am to pay for this crap? No, dammit! Such disregard for the viewer will have consequences.
My brother just signed up for Clear's unlimited 4G wireless internet access and he anticipates that, with a combination of web video, Roku and Netflix, he will have a superior customized TV experience. I may give it a try too; after all, it couldn't be any worse.
I checked Clear's coverage when I first heard about it. The maps SAYS it covers GSO (and looks like it) until I put in my address. No coverage. They need to get their act updated. I've been looking for secondary internet and this seemed like a good idea, but check your specific address or their web site is just wrong. Sucks.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comment, Sue. Yes, their address look-up does not seem to perfectly align with their service areas. I'd contact a representative if you are interested, so far my brother says they are delivering on their promises.
ReplyDeleteI'll be interested in hearing about his experience with this. We rarely watch TV anymore and if we can find another good Internet provider, bye bye TWC.
ReplyDelete