Sunday, December 27, 2009

What was Mayor Knight's campaign slogan?

I remember seeing Bill Knight campaign signs with the slogan "Go Forward Greensboro."

The (Greensboro, NC) News & Record, Yes! Weekly and blog commenters reported Knight's slogan as "Go Forward Greensboro."

So why does News & Record columnist Jeri Rowe report Knight's "slogan proclaimed: Enough Is Enough?" Did I miss something?

2 comments:

  1. I've been very disappointed in Rowe's work over the last couple of weeks.

    And I caught that to. I never once heard that slogan. Where did he come up with that?

    --Brandon Burgess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeri Rowe made that slogan up. The whole article was BS. Rowe portrayed the new mayor as an angry old man desperate to live in the past. Nowhere did Jeri focus on this man's sincere desire to return accountability and personal responsibility to the city government.

    He even managed to help misrepresent Bill Knight's position on the aquatic center. Knight is not opposed to the center. He is opposed to spending nearly 20 million bucks on it when the voters approved a 12 million dollar referendum for the swim center.

    It's no surprise that the N-R is sharpening their knives for KNight. But I truly expected better from Jeri Rowe. He is usually a fair reporter, but his last two columns have been pretty bad.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...