Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Food court find: M & M's Soul Food

Against my better judgment, I went to Four Seasons Mall yesterday. I don't know why I dread it so. I find it enjoyable once I get there despite my preconceived expectations. Yeah, noisy and crowded, but so what? That's part of the experience.

Anyway, hunger hit and I made my way to the food court. I perused the chains but settled on what stood out as an apparently independently owned shop, M & M's Soul Food -- back in the corner, near the game room.

From among the various baked chicken entrees, fried fish and other meats and vegetables, I chose meatloaf, yams and cabbage. They were really good. The meatloaf was covered with a layer of sweet congealed ketchup, just the way I like it, and the yams, just firm enough, were bursting with nutmeg flavor. The cabbage was the least flavorful, but added vinegar perked them up. Lemonade to drink.

Bonus: Served with a sincere "Thank you, enjoy" by a multi-tattooed linebacker in a muscle shirt.

1 comment:

  1. Love that place. And I remember the linebacker in question...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...