Thursday, December 10, 2009

Greensboro: Journalism case study

I had a nice interview with UNC Journalism masters candidate Michelle Cerulli this morning. She is working on a project of Greensboro as a study of the influence of alternative media on local journalism.

We talked for over an hour about everything from the interplay of local corporate media and blogs, to the roles of traditional and alternative media in the Wray saga, to the question I found most interesting, "Why this proliferation in Greensboro?"

Michelle says her report will be published on the web and I'll link to it when it is.

3 comments:

  1. "Why this proliferation in Greensboro?""

    Greg Gabbard at LNB (Lake Norman Bath)said this a while ago:

    (paraphrased), "If the fourth estate reported the truth there would be no need for blogs"

    Given the questionable quality of truthful investigative journalism in Greensboro's fourth estate, the proliferation of blogs here is understandable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed.
    The traditional source of local information in our area, the News & Record, does not provide unbiased news, hence the popularity of alternative sources.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...