Friday, July 17, 2009

News & Record scrubs comments on gangster candidate story

The (Greensboro, NC) News & Record, once again (previously), scrubs online content without note or comment.

Alert reader N says that there were about twenty comments on this story about a gangster filing to run for city council this morning, then they were gone. I contacted Amanda Lehmert, the author of the story, and this is her reply:
"The comments, which are monitored by our online folks, got inappropriate. So they used their discretion and turned them off."
Here is a cached version of the story, with comments through 1:39 this morning. Here are the deleted comments:
----------
ncb
July 16, 2009 - 7:43 pm EDT

Sad thing is, he'll probably win. Impoverished blacks and Latinos will vote for him because its a sign of sticking it to the Man. Good thing I'll be leaving this mudhole in a couple of months

rmacz
July 16, 2009 - 7:57 pm EDT

Earl Jones will probably endorse him.

notoriousBLOG
July 16, 2009 - 8:06 pm EDT

Earl will endorse anybody who will write a check.

jsipe29
July 16, 2009 - 9:11 pm EDT

You have room for three more and two dogs? I want to leave with you!

holland4
July 16, 2009 - 8:02 pm EDT

SeƱor Cornell should fit right in with his bling-bling, tats, and gang signs. Would make for some interesting Tuesday evenings. The Council should go ahead and budget for the MMOB metal detectors now.

But seriously, he has a snowball's chance in hades. Greensboro isn't that stupid, right? Right?

Panacea
July 16, 2009 - 8:07 pm EDT

If he wins, someone ought to pitch Greensboro City Council meetings to Hollywood as the next hit reality show.

speakup2
July 16, 2009 - 8:27 pm EDT

Can you be a member of the city counsel if you have a Police Record? And can you vote if you have a record?

Lakeshia
July 16, 2009 - 9:02 pm EDT

Can this possibly be any worse this Diane BS or Goldie ???

jsipe29
July 16, 2009 - 9:12 pm EDT

I really doubt it!

honestcitizen
July 16, 2009 - 10:00 pm EDT

I thank GOD everyday that I don't live in Greensboro. But he should fit right in with the other
clowns on the city council, including that wonderful mayor. You people go ahead and vote him in
and see what kind of mess you have then. You already have a messed up police department.

DaveW
July 16, 2009 - 10:55 pm EDT

I do not live in Greensboro so I cannot vote but I will watch this one closely. If he wins I may have to spend as much time as possible outside of Greensboro. Unfortunately my wife works in downtown Greensboro. I will probably worry about her every working day.

holland4
July 16, 2009 - 10:52 pm EDT

Maybe if Jorge gets elected to Council, we can rival Detroit in the amount of drama and meltdowns. We almost have a quorum now for moonbats on the Council. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiogXT9xZBQ

pigsfly
July 16, 2009 - 11:04 pm EDT

No need for the fence along our border now huh? Welcome to the new reinvented MEXICO.
Greensboro deserves better than all those serving on their City Counsel now. Racism? I believe the gangs are causing their own problems! Wow, I believe the gangs should be cleared from all cities and towns in the USA, I'm sure not going to support them.

theroadrunner
July 16, 2009 - 11:23 pm EDT

I guess he figures if Mike Easley could do it why not him? I'm moving.........

crosstrojan
July 16, 2009 - 11:37 pm EDT

Why not,the kkk has Billy Yow

camelcityman27105
July 17, 2009 - 1:39 am EDT

Jorge Cornell may be exactly what the city needs to help reach out to gang members, disillusioned teens who rob stores, hijack cars, and terrorize the public, and angry black and Latino residents, who are not satisfied with local government. Just because he's a felon does not have anything to do with his effectiveness as a leader and government representative of the people. He is already the leader of his group, so he has leadership experience. Sometimes we need unusual people in office to help us get the ball rolling and open the doors of dialogue. May he succeed and win.

14 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting these comments Roch. By the way, these comments are nowhere near as offensive as the comments that were posted on the recent stories about Shiloh Baptist Church. Matter of fact, I really didn't see anything "offensive." Maybe they didn't want comments posted that would cast Lehmert's or Robinson's candidate of choice in a bad light. What has he done to promote unity other than filing lawsuits? He got mad because his gang was under investigation by the GPD? The only reason he spouts his crap is because he knows the GPD has to much integrity to post the names and violations of his gang members. If they could do that, then his whole "I dare you to find one criminal in my organization" challenge would surely be met. All he is doing os bringing more heat on himself. I challenge Mr. Cornell to give an OPEN, PUBLIC statement about the nature and goals of his Latin king Nation. Their national website is to incoherent for a simple minded white man like me to understand.

    --brandonB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonder how postive comments would appear in support a candidate promoting racial unity, all the while heading the state chapter of the Almighty Anglo-Saxon-Aryan King and Queen Nation. It sure does have a nasty ring to it doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you think it's racist how the predominately black gang known as the bloods refuses to share drug territory with the true kings? I think Mr. Cornell may have a case. I wonder if the local Crips chapters kick out anyone who gets caught breaking the law, if they will be allowed to say, "we have no criminals in our organization."

    by the way, the previous comment is also mine, I forgot to type my sig.

    I really have no problem with anyone running for whatever office. My problem with the ALKQN is the fact that they are a racial supremacy organization and refuse to publicly acknowledge it. They are a criminal organization and refuse to acknowledge that. They trash our police in the media for investigating crimes that lead back to them. Since when did you hear the Dems or Repubs trash the SBI for investigating them? Did Nixon trash the FBI in the local papers? They have no honor or integrity and can not be trusted. Isn't the head Inca imprisoned in New York for life on a number of drug and weapons violations?

    --brandonB

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the steroid laced Roch that I dig on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, my comments are not to detract from the service Roch is providing to potential N&R subscribers. Who wants to read a paper that behaves this way?

    --brandonB

    ReplyDelete
  6. Throughout the evening and morning our online folks had to delete comments that were racist, offensive and accused people of crimes they hadn't been convicted of. When the conversation got to Billy Yow and the KKK, it reached a point with no constructive value, in our opinion.

    Comments were shut off. Knowing the way some commenters are, we'll be forced to do it again. Our terms of service are pretty clear on acceptability standards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I paraphrase one of my favorite quotes:
    Never under estimate the stupidity of the American Voter, especially in Greensboro.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Roch, care to comment on Mr. Robinson's situational ethics? There is really no need to, anyone who has discovered blogging realizes how worthless our local paper is. You never bothered to remove the filthy comments posted about David Wray and his family did you? Remeber the story you published about Wray sabotaging the efforts of "black leaders" and how he conspired to have his mentally ill neighbor thrown out to the streets? Your acceptability standards regarding the quality of published material are very clear to us.

    --brandonB

    ReplyDelete
  9. I may be mistaken but I'm not aware that we had comments on stories during the Wray business.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wonder if Mr. Cornell is elected, will the rest of the council be forced to refer to him as King Jay as he prefers to be called in the Latin Nation?

    You got me Mr. Robinson. I should have worded it "you didn't censor the letters to the editor during the "Wray business." My apologies for jumping to conclusions about your situational ethics.

    --brandonB

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for commenting, John and Brandon. I think John is right, that comments were not implemented on the N&R site during the Wray fray.

    I'll let JR's comments stand or fall on their own as an adequate justification for the N&R's actions.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Digtriad still supports the community commenting on issues.

    --brandonB

    ReplyDelete
  13. Actually, I suspect that we did not print some of the letters we received regarding the Wray situation. (I don't call that or the deletions of comments censorship.)

    Are you saying that Digtriad does not remove offensive comments from its Web site?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm saying digtriad doesn't disable comments to keep negative publicity being spread about candidates of their choice who are supported by community "leaders" that the paper has always given favorable coverage to. "Offensive" is subjective. Again, I could care less about what your paper prints, just don't pretend to be some forum for diversity when you are pushing a certain perspective on your subscribers.

    --brandonB

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...