Don Moore of Greensboro Sports writes about the ACC Hall of Fame underporfming expectations. I'm not sure I agree with him about museums becoming a thing of the past with so much online—encyclopedias, yes (update: right on cue)—but great museums will always fascinate. Whether the ACCHOC can cut it in the real world, I don't know, but one thing I notice they lack that successful modern museums have is an online shop.
I know an online store is not the purpose of the ACCHOC and I know that with athletic leagues there are licensing hurdles, but surely the one and only official ACCHOC should be able to procure the rights to sell licensed souvenirs and memorabilia online. Heck, take it a step further and become the E-bay of ACC collectibles buying and selling for fans. The money will be rolling in.
I imagine the sale of Carolina #23 jerseys alone could erase the entire coliseum operating deficit.
Drop me a line, Matt.
If the ACCHOC sold merchandise and refreshments with the coliseum's standard mark-up; they would never stand a chance. That was the Conference Store's problem with Wal-Mart across the street.
ReplyDelete