I've added a new feature to Greensboro 101 called "Trending." It shows the most prominent 101 words from local news and blogs in the past 24 hours. You may access it by clicking on the "Trending" tab on the main page of Greensboro 101. Click on any of the individual words and you will see the posts from the past 24 hours that contain that word.
I built the same thing for Twitter, but I swear I can see little value in it. Whatever imperfections there may remain in the blog and news trending feature, one can get a meaningful sense of what topics are currently of local interest. Twitter, on the other hand, is so chock full of junk that, from minute to minute, it appears as if popular interests move from such compelling words as "girl" to "boo." It is 99.9% inane. Still, I suppose that in itself is of minor sociological interest and may be worthy of some curiosity so, while I doubt if I will add it to Greensboro 101, if you want to see it as a stand-alone, it is here. http://greensboro101.com/twitterwords_gso.php (may disappear at any time. Updates throttled to ten minutes.)
No comments:
Post a Comment