Wednesday, April 20, 2011

What are you doing, Mary Rakestraw?

From the News & Record:
On Monday, [Greensboro City Councilmember Mary] Rakestraw told the News & Record she would explain the reasoning behind her [redistricting] plan Tuesday.
But she said nothing during the discussion of the issue and would not address the accusation that [Bill] Burckley drew the map, saying only that she did not present the plan for political reasons.
“I’m not a racist and I didn’t do it to be mean-spirited,” Rakestraw said. 
Explain yourself, then.

2 comments:

  1. Rakestraw: "I'm not a racist..."

    --I'd like to know what question, if any, prompted that response. lol.

    -Brandon Burgess

    ReplyDelete
  2. I asked: "Do you have any response to some of the comments and questions from citizens here tonight?"

    That was just after the vote at the meeting, before which she did not say anything to defend or explain the plan. She'd told me at the break beforehand she would be talking about it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...