Thursday, November 18, 2010

So when did "so" become the way to begin every answer?

When did business people being interviewed on news programs start answering every question by beginning with "so"? I'm not kidding. It's spreading like wildfire.

Reporter: "Tell us about your new product."
Interviewee: "So it's all electric..."

Reporter: "How long have you been with the company?"
Interviewee: "So I started in 1999..."

Reporter: "What are your expectations for next year?"
Interviewee: "So we see demand growing..."

So it's really annoying. So it makes it hard to take you seriously.

3 comments:

  1. """"So it's really annoying. So it makes it hard to take you seriously."""

    This is what dumbded down schools are cranking out now a days, he probably received a BA degree in sentence phrasing, or some other highly technical vocation. Beau

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it's the new "and uh..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the new "Uhm" is probably closest to an answer... At lease with "so" the though attracting brain freeze comes before they speak.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...