Friday, November 05, 2010

Next week on WFMY News2: Getting to "I do" with voodoo


Once again setting the bar for local journalism, WFMY will continue presenting stuff for which there is no scientific basis* as news with these upcoming reports:
  • Better career planning with phrenology
  • Getting to "I do" with voodoo
  • Palm reading for a wealthier retirement
I can hardly wait.


[* Kudos to WFMY's Tracey McCain, Frank Mickens and Sandra Hughes for putting the weight of their professional reputations behind this important story.]

4 comments:

  1. LOL... Oh... but ratings will be through the roof I bet!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the report this week about people snorting nutmeg to high? WTF? I've never heard of that. And they only showed one loser who had done it and said it took 3 to 4 hours to get high. Are you kidding me? 3 to 4 hours? Do you know how much you would have to snort? I think they got duped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WFMY is just milking the superstitious nature of it's target audience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. rmelton, yeah, that nutmeg story was atrocious too. Giving credence to no-last-name "Andy's" pharmacological evaluations as the sole substantiation for the story was ridiculous.

    Hugh, I do think a great slogan for them would be "News2: Hooga booga!"

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...