Friday, November 19, 2010

Will Greensboro see The Nutez Garbage Disposal Facility at county prison farm?

Leon Nutez is a regular speaker from the floor at city council meetings. He never fails to use every second of his available three minutes. I'm sure he is one of the reasons Mayor Bill Knight thinks it would be a good idea to make it more difficult to address the council from the floor. Leon seems to be there for his own enjoyment and to talk about anything under the sun, although I confess, his scoldings against the evils of the three finger weed (or was it the devil's lettuce?) had me in stitches.

Last Tuesday however, he had an idea that left me thinking, "That might be worth thinking about." He suggested that Greensboro forget about the controversial idea of reopening White Street landfill and put a modern garbage disposal facility on the Guilford County prison farm property instead.

Lo' and behold, council person Jim Kee is proposing that Greensboro and the county consider it.

Here is Leon addressing the council:

1 comment:

  1. I'm amaze that I'm amaze, but he makes a great point.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...