Friday, November 05, 2010

New comment policy

If you want to make a derogatory personal attack in the comments, you must identify yourself or your comment risks being deleted, at my discretion.

6 comments:

  1. Of course, you can slander news organizations, other bloggers, people you don't like with your megaphone here, but if someone says something derogatory about you, it will be deleted.

    Makes perfect sense..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put my name to what I write. Do the same and your comments won't be deleted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roch, I think this is a great policy.

    If more bloggers pressed commenters to use their real names I think there would be a much more productive discourse occurring in the blogosphere.

    I know that using my real name has made me think before I speak. Using my real name also motivates me to try to keep things on a friendly level. It doesn't always happen but I try.

    I may not agree with everything you, Cone, Guarino or Dr. J etc... have to say but I certainly respect the courage it takes to speak one's mind; we could all choose to remain anonymous.

    I understand folks have a lot of reasons for remaining anonymous but if someone is going to drag someone's name through the mud anonymously then I can not respect them. That kind of thing is what made the Troublemaker blog so painful to read.

    --Brandon Burgess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Brandon, I appreciate your vote of support.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One question: Will it necessarily be a derogatory personal attack you will delete, or just questions you don't like, like the last one of mine you deleted? In other words, the Cone Doctrine?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Couch a personal attack in your question, and your comment risks being deleted. You can allay any concern of that happening by not commenting anonymously. So, you can decide, which is more important to you: to exercise conduct you obviously would be ashamed to have associated with the real you or to remain anonymous. You won't do both here. Man up.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...