Thursday, August 12, 2010

Rush Radio plagiarism, part VI -- CORRECTED

[CORRECTION: The byline for the Rush Radio article is "By Associated Press," a fact I overlooked when writing this post and which suggests the possibility that the article from CharlotteObserver.com was submitted to the Associated Press from where Rush Radio retrieved it, a possibility that would not, if true, make this plagiarism and would make me in error for saying so.

I leave the original post below intact for the record, with the caveat that I think this particular example, unlike other items from Rush Radio cataloged here previously, is probably not plagiarized and that I was wrong.]

Rush Radio, 94.5, continues to post news to its website that it copies from other sources  (previously, previously, previously, previously and previously):


ITEM:
From Rush Radio, 94.5,
highlighted portions copied word-for-word from CharlotteObserver.com (here):
North Carolina's high unemployment rate has enabled the state to snare an additional $121 million to help homeowners who are struggling to keep up with their mortgage payments. The federal funding announced Wednesday comes on top of the $159 million in federal aid approved for the state last week. In both cases, North Carolina received the allocation because its unemployment rate is above the national average. The state unemployment rate was 10 percent in June. The new funding will be used to provide as much as 36 months of assistance to help unemployed homeowners avoid foreclosure.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...