Yesterday,
I wrote about the (Greensboro, NC) News & Record's difficulty aligning their heretofore fact-deprived narrative of the "black book" with common knowledge, resulting in this:
"The lawsuit accuses the city, former Police Chief David Wray, former Deputy Police Chief Randall Brady and Detective Scott Sanders of a pattern of harassment and discrimination that included an alleged photo lineup or “black book” of black officers used in criminal investigations."
Today, without comment or explanation, the article
looks like this:
"The lawsuit accuses the city, former police Chief David Wray, former Deputy Police Chief Randall Brady and Detective Scott Sanders of a pattern of harassment and discrimination that included a photo lineup or “black book” of black officers used in a criminal investigation."
I guess I should be grateful for small favors (I am); that somebody was big enough to bring that article inline with the facts (they were). I remain puzzled though by the N&R's willingness to launder articles without comment. It seems to me as if the paper of record should maintain some sort of, I dunno, record.
You are expecting rationale behavior from irrational people which only results in confusion.
ReplyDeleteExpecting integrity in that rag will only produce disappointment.
The way its written I'd have guessed LA was the author.
I think that is a very broad brush you've got there, Anon. There are some very rational and conscientious reporters at the N&R. I wouldn't judge everyone at the N&R by the missteps of a few, however serious those missteps may have been.
ReplyDelete