Sunday, September 06, 2009

The left are like Nazis. Meaningless drivel from Charles Davenport

Ed Cone brings to our attention a column by Charles Davenport in this week's (Greensboro, NC) News & Record in which Devenport says that a lot of what modern American Nazis want sounds a lot like what American liberals want.

Yawn.

A lot of what the American National Socialists want also sounds a lot like what modern conservatives want, including:

- Prohibiting abortion
- The right to bear arms
- Withdrawal from the United Nations
- An end to welfare
- Reestablishment of the nuclear family

To paraphrase Davenport, if not for the their unsavory perspective on some other things, many -- perhaps most -- conservatives would subscribe to the agenda.

And there you have it. A superficial comparison no more a commentary on the American right than Davenport's comparison to the American left.

Davenport's shtick as the perpetual divider of all observation to antipodal left or right is tired and increasingly useless.

As I said, "yawn."

9 comments:

  1. This is an excellent opportunity for the N&R to save some $$, you think? Get rid of this ridiculous column?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If one were paranoid, he might think running Davenport and Uncle Tom Sowell was an attempt by the N&R to discredit the right by use of it's own defenders. Surely, no one could be that Machiavellian.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In unrelated news, Roch I will match my "intellectual rigor" against yours any day. But here's a clue: intelligence and intellectual rigor are not measured by the degree to which one agrees with the liberal progressive position.

    That said, any time you want to debate, just let me know. It was cowardly of you to attack me on Cone's blog knowing that he has banned me from commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll take that under advisement, Sam.

    Please provide a link to where I "attacked" you on Cone's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know, maybe bringing up Buie's error filled and intellectually lazy post on Ed's blog in a thread that had nothing to do with my blog or the discussion that Ed originally posted on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And yes, I suppose I could have emailed you instead of posting in the comment section of this topic, but at least I noted that my comment was unrelated and at least you have the ability to respond.

    You opened a can of worms over on Ed's site to which I cannot respond directly. We all know how he deals with criticism of him and his positions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are over my head, Sam. Please give me a link or a quotation so I can know what you are talking about when you say here that I "attacked" you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Roch has a valid point: there are aspects of the NSM's agenda that are also agreeable to the Right. I concede the point.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Roch, I think Sam is blaming you for the link I posted to Ed's Blog of my critique of the ideology of Sam and his compatriots.

    Sam, I think you owe Roch an apology. Feel free to excoriate me. How about "you lying lily-livered liberal hypocrite!" Will that do?

    Since I've been banned from Bubba's blog, I've learned that you can have just as much impact, perhaps more so, by hyperlinking to their most outrageous statements.

    Roch, thanks by the way for the positive comments on my post.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...