Monday, September 09, 2013

Local oligarchy to name performance center after largest donor

By what authority did Greensboro's oligarchs decide what to name the city-owned performing arts center? The way I see it, the citizens of Greensboro are the largest contributor to the project, which we have been promised we will own, why weren't we consulted?

6 comments:

  1. I don't like this but I saw it coming. The money he is giving is great but tax payers will foot most of the bill. I would have no problem if he donated most of the money but the funding will come from us, lets call it tax payer performing arts center

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like I've said from the beginning, they are building monuments to themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vote for me, boys. It's really your only hope.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GPAC will be a done deal between now and the time the new council takes their seats in January-- there's nothing Ben or any other candidate can do to stop it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess it is not GPAC anymore but TPAC. I have no problem with this if he gave most of the money. The fact is that the tax payer will foot the bill to pay off the TPAC when it does not bring in the money. The cost will be to high for the avg joe to go see any show. You got parking, show cost, dining after or before, it will be too much. The city will have to bail it out like all the other venues we have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your boy Jeff M is upset because he thinks people need a reason for public records, if I get them then I can just read them or use them in the election, its my call.

    http://www.sog.unc.edu/sites/www.sog.unc.edu/files/public_records_overview.pdf

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...