Wednesday, August 22, 2012

N&R's Doug Clark fuzzy on what Medicare is?

News & Record editorialist Doug Clark in wondering why, if privatized Medicare is good enough for federal employees, it shouldn't be considered for all of us:
And their health care plan contracts with private insurers, such as Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina.
Clark conflates Medicare, the public health care funding available to all retirees, which is not privatized for federal workers, and a health care plan offered to workers while they are employed, which is what he links to. 

More interesting, in offering as an example of "pretty decent benefits" for government employees that Clark suggests should be available for the "rest of us,"  he links to a menu of available health care plans qualified for our state. I agree with Clark here, the rest of us should have this too, and will in 2014 under the Affordable Care Act.

4 comments:

  1. I trust you've shared this info with Doug?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you share your critiques with people you find in error before posting them to your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have on occasion, yeah. My reason for asking in this specific instance is that if you identified a factual error in his column, notifying him would be a logical first step toward getting him to correct it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, I just asked if you'd shared. I didn't say, and didn't mean to imply, that you should have done so before blogging about it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...