I sent the following to the news desk at WGHP Fox8 and to station manager Karen Adams yesterday. I am still waiting for a reply.
----------------------
Hello,
In two separate stories, you have asserted as fact that Guilford County Commissioner Carolyn Coleman directed a derogatory comment to one Isabella Adkins about Adkin's country of origin. Will you please tell me what evidence or record substantiates your assertions that the comment was directed to Adkins and was about her origin?
Specifically, here are the segments I am questioning:
"During Thursday's Guilford County Commissioners meeting, Commissioner Carolyn Coleman didn't apologize for a controversial comment she made concerning a woman's country of origin at a previous meeting."
"'I know where you're from, but I am from America,' said [sic] Coleman told Isabella Atkins during the commissioner's last meeting on Sept. 16."
AND
"Guilford County Commissioner Carolyn Coleman says a controversial comment she made to a woman at a recent commissioners meeting was directed at the audience and not the woman."
"'I know where you're from, but I am from America,' said Coleman during the meeting to Isabella Adkins, a member of the Conservatives for Guilford County.."
From:
http://www.myfox8.com/news/wghp-story-coleman-101006,0,2009632.story
and
http://www.myfox8.com/news/wghp-story-coleman-101007,0,2075169.story?track=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+wghp-localnews+%28WGHP+-+News%29
Thank you in advance.
Sincerely,
Roch Smith, Jr.
Roch, the real story is that Coleman changed her comment last night. She claimed she said, "I don't know where you(sic) from, but I'm from America." The audio tape clearly proved that she said "I KNOW where you(sic) from..." The Fox 8 report aired that audio right before Coleman made her little revisionist history statement last night at the meeting.
ReplyDeleteDo you honestly believe she would have said that had there not been a person with a European accent, who was obviously not born in America, had spoken earlier on that night?
You seem to think the lapse of time exonorates Coleman. Adkins was in that group that Coleman scolded with her moronic comment. If you really think that Coleman would have made that comment about "I'm from America" if Adkins was not in that group, then enjoy living in your little world where only evil Republicans can be bigots.
Doc, you are free to undertake all the speculation and make all of the assumptions you want. News organizations should not.
ReplyDeleteThe amazing Roch strikes again, completely missing the point. As with your fanatical insistence that Tabor swung at Spencer first,(judged other wise in court), your insistence that Spag or anyone was a bigot that didn't share your views regarding gay marriage, your calling copying a press release from UNCG plagerism (It's a called press release for a reason for goodness sake),and your infatuation with Google's flim-flam, you are grasping at straws. Coleman said what she is purported to have said , to whom she is purported to have said it, and then chastised the Adkins supporters for disrupting a meeting in a far less intrusive fashion than she and her cohorts disrupted a meeting in Raleigh.
ReplyDeleteCharles Davenport has the facts straight in this weeks YES WEEKLY.
Read it and weep. Then grow up and quit whining over your inability to see straight.
Jon, thank you for commenting and for reading me so diligently. There is a difference between purported and reported. WGHP pretended to do the latter with nothing to substantiate what they were asserting.
ReplyDelete