Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Speculating on da Google

Jeff Martin speculates on how Google will choose where to install its ultra high seed fiber internet.
----------------------
I think the winner will be where municipal and Google-owned dark fiber converge.
Tell me our prescient leaders plowed dark fiber when they were constructing the urban loop.
Tell me at least part of the WIRED grants to Piedmont Triad Partnership bought some dark fiber.
Tell me the city is plowing dark fiber as it constructs the Downtown Greenway.
Tell me the city is plowing dark fiber as it widens New Garden Road.
Tell me they plowed dark fiber when the aerotropolis was paved.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks. I'm trying to be upbeat about this, but I always seem to retreat to the dark side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not at all, you ask some good questions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so what is up with the $107,000 dark fiber project with time warner?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still waiting for the page number.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Mr. Watch. I've sent an email to the City asking for additional information. I'll let you know what they say.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...