Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Correcting the record: Doug Copeland, Triad Business Journal, Not Spammers

Doug Copeland of the Triad Business Journal called me today to comment on a post I had made previously about local spammers. I had referenced a post by Sue Polinsky where she was complaining about receiving what she thought was spam from Doug. Doug explained to me that the email to Sue was, in fact, a personal email. The confusion apparently was caused by Doug's email signature which includes instructions for "unsubscribing" by default.

Doug lamented that this is "One of the problems with blogs" -- that mistakes can take on a life of their own. Sure. I suppose. Like a lot of forms of communication. One of the advantages though is that corrections can happen lightening fast and with the same prominence and exposure as the original, something I'm happy to do, here and as an update to the original post.

1 comment:

  1. Funny. I got contacted by the assistant editor today via email. I let them know though what the issues were, how to fix it... and he said very nicely that he was working on getting it fixed.

    Good response imho by Lloyd.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...