"It’s local - the Triad Business Journal - and I like Doug Copeland and everyone else there. This isn’t personal. It’s technology and in many cases, it’s the law. Use the right tools for the right job."I contacted the TriadNewsWirespam's sponsors North State Communications and Environmental Holdings Group. No reply. They must condone.
UPDATE: Doug Copeland called me to inform that the email Sue received was not spam, but a personal email from him. It included "to unsubscribe" instructions, which apparently caused the confusion.
Roch,
ReplyDeleteThanks for taking my call earlier. I'd sent Sue an email with a copy of an editorial we'd run in our paper. It addressed a bunch of national publications using the Triad as the poster child for the recession. In that note I also suggested she and others send Triad success stories to our editor. Many did and we have been able to tell some great stories.
I did send that note to a bunch of folks. I picked each person that I sent it to individually from my address book. They are all folks I know and felt like they were opinion leaders in the Triad.
Yes, my note did offer them and others a few free copies of The Business Journal, and the "signature" on my emails does offer recipients the chance to subscribe, but the purpose of the email was to advance the cause of our region. I wish the email message had been included in the posting.
We take spamming very seriously. If anyone is getting emails from The Business Journal and do not wish to, please email me.
Doug Copeland