Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Helloooooo, McFly

GREENSBORO, NC -- News & Record editorial editor Allen Johnson writes:
"I’m guessing the Rockingham County school board’s decision to end the practice of opening meetings with a prayer was a tough call politically."
Bless his heart, I'm guessing Johnson is out of touch, even with the news reported in his own paper.

The Rockingham County school board did not decide to end the practice of opening meetings with a prayer, they rejected a proposal to start doing so. From the N&R:
"The school board currently opens its meetings with a moment of silence. Board member Ron Price asked the board to consider adding prayers during the last meeting."
So, tell me again why this man who peddles misinformation and half truths and gets his facts wrong has any credibility? I mean, other than the fact that this is little old Greensboro and Johnson is a fixture among the entrenched and arthritic local power structure and it's just rude to challenge the status quo, other than that, is there any reason why Johnson's opinions carry any weight?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...