Thursday, September 06, 2012

City of Greensboro public relations an embarrassing disgrace

Somebody needs to take a hands-on approach to improving the quality of service and the level of competence the City of Greensboro staff exhibit in dealing with public relations.

Here are some recent examples of how low the standards are:
Signature attached to emails from the City of Greensboro public information desk
These examples are small compared to the experiences I've had over the past few months with employees colluding to keep public records hidden, promising action then not following through, ignoring inquiries and exhibiting ignorance of the requirements of public records law, but they are all of a piece: a lack of quality preparation and competence among staff in handling public affairs.*

* There are a few individual exceptions whose high professionalism does not go unnoticed, but they are, unfortunately, overshadowed by the predominate incompetence.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks. I finally gave up on public record requests after repeatedly being stymied by none other than the new city mgr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to hear more about that. Would you email or call me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure, but I have to go to work at present.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Something tells me we are about to witness a huge housecleaning that begins with the non profits, extends through City Council and on into the highest ranks of city management. Expect to see lots of fresh new faces.

    And I still have an unopened deck of cards.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...