Thursday, July 26, 2012

What's another word for synonym?

I have recently made a few public records requests from the City of Greensboro. Unhappy with the slow response times, I made another request:
"Please provide me with a copy of the City of Greensboro guidelines for responding to public records requests currently in effect."
I was told they don't exist. I pressed the issue and was sent the guidelines with this explaination:
"[W]e believe that what you are referencing as guidelines are our "protocol" for handling public records requests."
Oh, protocols.

3 comments:

  1. And people wonder why we are building our new business in Burlington?

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. If only we weren't so far under water on a house that was paid off 30 years ago...


    Meaning the property values in this neighborhood have been dropping for so long that we would take a loss to try to sell even a paid off home after buying any new home anywhere except next door.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PPS. By new I meant new to my family and not really newly constructed.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...