Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Marketing gobbledygook

I'm looking into Clear wireless internet and this is how they describe their internet speeds:
Average speeds up to 3-6Mbps
Why do corporations, specifically their marketing dweebs, think they cannot just be straight with people?

I couldn't get away with paying them an average of up to $40-$50, so why lay this B.S. on potential customers? Why not just tell us what the average is; or what the range is; or what the limit is instead of this meaningless gobbledygook?

4 comments:

  1. Our Uverse guy was here today; he was extremely good & knowledgeable. Told us that within 18 months (they are testing), we'll have their version of FIOS in Greensboro with 100 down. Am waiting. I can't find reliable backup Internet connectivity anywhere near here for TWC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's good news, assuming they aren't going to charge an arm and a leg.

    In the mean time, I'm going to give Clear a shot. They offer a 15 day money-back guarantee if speeds aren't satisfactory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're assuming they actually know Roch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We used Clear at my last job and found them adequate until we installed the video surveillance system that forced us to go to TW.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...