Seriously?
City Council representative Danny Thompson accepted a $2,500 campaign contribution from a principal of Gate City Waste Services six days before council was to take a final vote on awarding a trash disposal contract to that company.
Seriously?
Wasn't Thompson's position on the landfill known well before the donation?
ReplyDeleteSomeone should also ask Ed Cone if he cares what percentage of Nancy Hoffman's donations came from one source.
I'll bet his concern just doesn't extend that far.
Be careful though, he may ban you for forcing him to confront this.
business as usual, just wait till we see the 4 million dollar water and sewer project for crony capitalist come up again after the newly elected paid off council members get in office.
ReplyDeleteSam, when running for this term, Thompson said he was opposed to reopening the landfill. He changed his mind then, on the eve of awarding the contract, accepted the donation.
ReplyDeleteRoch, do you have the dates for those events? My recollection was that he changed his mind on the issue quite some time before the vote, but I could be wrong.
ReplyDeleteI do not have dates, Sam. What I'm confident of is that Thompson opposed reopening the landfill while he was campaigning and changed his mind after he was elected.
ReplyDeleteThat doesn't establish a quid pro quo, though does it? If the contribution was on the eve of his change of heart, I would find it quite disturbing.
ReplyDeleteNo, it does not.
ReplyDelete