Thursday, June 04, 2009

Kudos Fox8

I find it greatly annoying when prime time TV programming gets interrupted for extended periods of time so that weather people can track wicked weather moving through some berg populated with more cows than people at the farthest reaches of a station's broadcast signal ("Huh? Where's that?" "Kentucky, I think.")

When a massive storm pounds the largest city in your market however, that might be the time to get it in gear. Which is just what MyFox8 WGHP did live during last evening's severe weather. Sure, there were a few inanities (like the moron "eyewitness" to a fallen tree whose failure to understand "turn down your TV" lead to repeated Hendrix-worthy audio feedback loops) but, for the most part, the crew at Fox8 impressed, springing into action like a well oiled machine -- like a robot octopus, with tentacles grabbing video, graphics and audio and daring the audience to keep up on TV and the web. Awesome!

Meanwhile, the Wheel of Fortune kept on rolling over at WFMY. No worries though, I'm sure they'll be all over the next storm that rolls through Peach Bottom, Virginia.

7 comments:

  1. ROCH, it was not the wheel of fortune, but rather MY Jeopardy. They could have given a 2 minute storm status report and then back to MY Jeopardy. It's nice to be informed, but last night, it was over-kill. Beau

    ReplyDelete
  2. the best reporting in the triad last night was done by sam -- uploading pics of downtown flooding in realtime to facebook. sometimes a picture is worth a thousand doppler radars. spag (and his fb friends) wins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You southerners are a bunch of sissies!!! It was a little rain!

    You wouldn't last a week in Nebraska. One night I got a call from my cousin asking, "May we come over for dinner. We got hit," meaning a tornado went through her house. I asked, "Your stove still standing?" It was. She cooked her own dinner.

    Interrupt TV for rain! Jeez!! Next you'll want a federal holiday because your dog threw up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The remarks about WFMY are completely FALSE. They were on the air and pre-empted Wheel and Jeopardy. Check their website. They are having to re-air the missed episodes this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear anonymouse,

    My comments are not false. I don't know what time WFMY may have preempted Wheel of Fortune, I do know that once Fox8 broke in with their weather coverage, I checked back with WFMY a few times and continued to see Vanna and Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Roach,

    You are wrong. Check their website. Why would they be re-broadcasting because they pre-empted?

    Yes... Wheel BEGAN to air but they broke in and covered it up.

    But believe what you want to. You are just losing credibility for making false claims.

    Peace out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Read for comprehension, please.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...