After Time Warner Cable raised my bill nearly 50% ("Time Warner Cable, gouging dipsticks"), I got on the phone with them for what I expected to be the annual "customer retention" dance, where they send me an inflated bill, I tell them I'm going to leave them, they offer me a new discount, and I continue as a customer with a small increase in my bill..
This time, however, after more than an hour on the phone with them, they weren't budging. So, I'm leaving. My Roku is in route and I've put in my order with Time Warner Cable to disconnect my cable TV tomorrow. Next month, I'll disconnect from their internet service.
Did I make the right decision? Their recorded reminder this morning that I need to be at home tomorrow to meet their technician between the hours of—are you ready?—8:00 A.M. and 9:00 P.M. is another indication, as if I needed one, that customer service is of little concern for them.
I kept TW Internet as they are a better choice, although they are constantly over-selling the service, resulting in excessive slow periods from 5PM to 10PM.
ReplyDeleteTWC has the worst customer service I have EVER experienced. If I have to call them I know I am in for at minimum a 20 minute wait time - only to find out that there is nothing they can do or that they treat me like I am two years old and run me through the most basic troubleshooting that I have already tried. So, I tried to chat with them...bigger mistake! I was sent to at least 6 "analysts" before I gave up. I wanted to ask a simple question for which no one could answer. By far the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I am seriously considering finding a new service. I hate to admit it but I believe windstream (dare I say it as they have ruined our area) is better than TWC. Bring back hometown owned and operated CTC!
ReplyDelete