Friday, December 30, 2011

"Businesses have the right to refuse service to customers on the basis of their religious faith."

Contrary to their name, the North Carolina Values Coalition does not represent the values of our state with positions like this:
"We also believe that private business owners have the right to refuse service to customers on the basis of their religious faith."
No, that represents an anti-American position dangerously indifferent to our great country's long history of hard fought battles to overcome discrimination, starting with our founding.

2 comments:

  1. I loved the part about florists not being able to refuse gay couples on religious grounds. As if...

    I hope this law passes so I can marry my cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "We are committed to protecting the right of every citizen to pray freely according to the dictates of his own conscience, even in a public forum or government meeting."

    I don't think anyone has a problem with this. Go ahead and pray already. (Of course this isn't what they mean, but that's what their prose says.)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...