Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Forget left or right, go get a good deal on some nice furniture

GREENSBORO, NC -- While I poke Tony Wilkins for the composition of his new political committee, I'm reminded of exactly why I am growing to despise factional politics, especially at the local level where I think it is not only unnecessary but counterproductive. The reason is this: in day-to-day living we interact with each other in ways that are far removed from considerations of politics, and there we communicate, cooperate and get things done.

Case in point: Tony Wilkins. Tony is a likable fellow. A self-labeled conservative. We talk politics, sometimes finding we have shared opinions and respecting each other when we don't. But that's in the abstract. Last week we got down to some real business.

Tony owns and operates Furniture Connection on High Point Road (map) and we were happy to buy some furniture from him, happy to get what I think is a good bargain and happy to come to a mutual agreement for our mutual benefit. [Does governing really have to be so different?]

The state is widening the road in front of Tony's store and taking Ton'y building, so he has to be out by mid January. That means you too can find some good values on some nice furniture. This isn't Papa's Furniture Warehouse glued together crap, I'm talking some nice upholstered chairs, sofas, dining tables, beds and end tables. So, if you are in the market for some furniture, visit Tony. Even though he's a conservative. Even if you are a liberal.

6 comments:

  1. thanks but no thanks. Why should this black liberal woman give him a dollar to finance that tea party pac I've been reading about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you may be referring to Conservatives for Guilford County, of which Tony is not a member. In fact, I've heard they don't like Tony that much because he is not reactionary.

    But, thanks for further illustrating my point about fractional politics being unproductive, in this case, serving to misinform you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it factional or fractional politics you don't like?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually this is what I was referring to:
    Conservative Watchdog Committee
    http://www.busybeingbornblog.com/?p=541
    But thanks for being predictable with your response.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've confused Tony's new Committee with the Tea Party PAC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Roch, thanks for the shout out and kind words.
    It's almost laughable that someone would relate me to "tea party" politics. (all Republicans I assume?) I'm sure the "tea party" folks would get a good laugh out of that one.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...