From the GoogleGreensboro blog:
----------------
The City of Greensboro will be setting up laptop computers throughout the city this weekend. These “voting booths” will provide residents the opportunity to nominate Greensboro for Google Fiber. This weekend’s locations include:
Saturday, March 20
Kathleen Price Bryan Family YMCA (7 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.)
Greensboro Children’s Museum (10 a.m. to 3 p.m.)
Sunday, March 21
Gamestop, Friendly Shopping Center (10 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
I suppose all we really needed to do was allow RLF some time to get their very impressive act together and unveil their initiatives. Color me impressed with RLF once again.
ReplyDeleteMakes you wonder if the nominations will count since they'll all be originating from the same I.P.s? But great idea!
ReplyDeleteRLF made a web site that stunk. It has improved slightly. That you would subvert what I know to be your otherwise technically capable judgment, Sue, to plying RLF with undeserved accolades is disappointing. It would be nice if people in Greensboro would occasionally stand up for competence for its own sake instead of excusing mediocrity for other reasons.
ReplyDeleteLiv,
ReplyDeleteYou make a good point. Maybe the city will mention this in their official application so Google will be clued in.
As I am responsible for these sites in my volunteer role, to answer Liv's question...they will all count as each submission of a nomination requires you to log in with a Google account and that is the identifier. Before the weekend, the number of click-through's from googlegreensboro.com to the nomination was over 1600. We can only track the folks who nominate through the website. And, I am turning away folks from Winston who want to use our set-up to nominate their city...they can do that from home.
ReplyDeleteThanks for all your hard work on this, Jay.
ReplyDelete