Monday, March 15, 2010

The British are coming

As long as I've been in Greensboro, I have never been to one of these Battle of Guilford Courthouse Revolutionary War reenactments. We drove by the park last Saturday, and I could see that there was more to it than just battle reenactments -- fife and drum corps, color guards and camps. I'm going to the next one.

4 comments:

  1. It's pretty cool. My fiance and I snapped a bunch of pics at the battle reenactment on Saturday. You can see a slideshow here:

    http://my.vfwwebcom.org/photo/albums/guilford-courthouse

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite part is walking among the camps in the morning prior to the battle and checking out the various suttler's tents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed this year's reenactment but I did go to the one in 1987 and really enjoyed it. Photos are here. I think it came out the same. Didn't the British still win?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments, gents. I'll be sure to go next year.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...