Tuesday, September 15, 2009
You know what grinds my gears? Unsigned newspaper editorials.
Can someone explain this to me? Why does the (Greensboro, NC) News & Record still insist on publishing unsigned editorials? There are two editors at the N&R, Allen Johnson and Doug Clark. Any editorial is going to be written by one or the other and it is pretty easy to tell whose ideas you are reading. What is the advantage of publishing an unsigned "staff" editorial? Seriously. Other than trying to fool people with some kind of man-behind-the-curtain pretense of weightiness, is there a good reason I am failing to see? Seriously, I must be missing something.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think a prior explanation is that unsigned editorials represent a consensus viewpoint of the entire editorial staff.
ReplyDeleteOf course, it wouldn't be too hard to have two names on the piece.
Yes, I have heard that rationale before too. But if it's two guys? Come on...
ReplyDelete